Sunday, March 22, 2009

Parsnips

These ugly things are parsnips. They look like uncouth radishes, they are less watery than radishes, and they are also a bit on the sweet side. I got a bunch of these in my box from the farm sharing which V and I are doing on a trial basis for a month.


The recipe below is from our friends P & V who have been doing the "Community Supported Agriculture" produce delivery for a while now.
1. Wash and trim the ends and scrape the skin off the parsnips.
2. Slice them into thin rounds, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and layer on a baking sheet.
3. Heat oven to 400F and bake for 20 minutes till crisp.

It was quite delicious and irresistible. Every time I passed by, I had to pop some in to my mouth. V didn't get any. Well, I just have to make it again next time we get it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look absolutely delicious. Any further details on the CSA that you guys have signed up for?

Dennis

VV said...

Dennis - we signed up with "Two Small Farms" - here is their website: http://www.twosmallfarms.com/