Monday, May 5, 2008

A luscious strawberry dessert








We had company over last weekend and I had to come up with a quick, healthy yet appealing dessert. And the minute I spotted these luscious strawberries at the farmer's market, my creative juices got going.





Here's the recipe for my luscious Strawberry dessert.
Ingredients:
A few large strawberries at their ripest
3/4 cup yogurt
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup roasted almonds
Handful of raisins


Chop the nuts finely. Mix the sugar and chopped nuts with yogurt. Set aside. Chill if made ahead of time.

Wash the strawberries well.

Trim the top of the strawberry (leaf side) so that you can lay it flat on your serving dish.

Carefully cut the strawberry into 4 wedges making sure not to cut through.

Open up the strawberry like a flower.



Place the strawberry flower on your serving dish. Drizzle with sweet yogurt, sprinkle with raisins and serve.

1 comment:

Radhika said...

hey! our family link is showing because I made this for myself after I got out of the raw food place... the only difference -- I used greek yogurt (full fat, but hey, i'd just been (not) eating raw food for 2 weeks) and agave nectar instead of sugar.
It's time to try this again since strawberries are in season now -- thanks for the reminder!
:)