Friday, January 12, 2007

Fasting

I have decided to fast for the next 10 Wednesdays! (Actually I was signed up for it by V but that is a story for another day.)

Merriam-Webster says "to fast" is "to abstain from food" or "to eat sparingly or abstain from some foods". The latter definition is the one that applies to my fasting; I do indulge in fruits, nuts, yogurt, and milk (especially in the form of hot chocolate!). And I certainly do not sacrifice my morning cup of joe!

Dinner was a yummy fruit salad. The secret ingredient, as V would has pointed out, is the ginger.

Here's the recipe:

1 apple peeled, cored and cubed

1 pear peeled, cored and cubed

1 avocado, cubed

Ginger 1 inch piece, peeled

Lemon juice

Black pepper to taste

Red chili powder to taste

Salt to taste

Arrange the fruit on a salad plate. Drizzle with lemon juice. Grate the ginger on top. Season with pepper, red chili powder and salt.

More of a feast than a fast, wouldn't you say?!

1 comment:

TNL said...

What a wonderful treat! Looks pretty too!

cheers,trupti
the spice who loved me